- In the initial phase the Junior Primary Curriculum is covered over 3 years (Grade 1 – 3)
- The Senior Primary Curriculum will be covered over 4 years (Grade 4 – 7).
- As our school grows we will be adding more grades:
- Grade 5 in 2018,
- Grade 6 in 2019 and,
- Grade 7 in 2020.
- The Montessori materials are extensively used to enhance the curriculum. Primary school children study a variety of subjects with the emphasis on stimulating the child’s intellect rather than pure memorization of information. In the Primary levels the environment includes equipment for Language in English & Afrikaans, Maths, Botany, Zoology, History, Geography the Sciences and Life Skills, Computers.
- English as a 1st language, Afrikaans as 1st or 2nd language and French as a 3rd language
To enrol your child download and print the following application forms
Facilities for the Curriculum
The class room is a carefully prepared environment that guarantees exposure to materials and experience through which to develop a learner’s intelligence as well as physical and psychological abilities. The said environment develops the child’s understanding of academic subjects at his/her individual pace and therefore meets the needs of children at different levels.
Brooklyn Montessori follows the Gauteng government school term calendar.